- An institutional framework for a network of excellence in renewable energy science, technology and innovation.
- National RET research roadmaps for Botswana, Zambia and Namibia.
- Public decision-making process facilitated to incorporate RET research roadmaps into national policies.
- Aligned industry standards for a defined set of RET at national and, if possible, at Southern African Development Community (SADC) level.
- A framework and structure of RET practical training programmes.
- Two regional energy concepts and transition roadmaps for the Okavango Delta (Botswana) and the Gobabeb Research and Training Centre (Namibia), to serve as an example and be applied to comparable environments.
- Linkages established between policy makers, research institutions and SMEs in the field of RET.
- Adoption of new RET in the private sector promoted.
- Wider acceptance and application of renewable energy technologies in Southern Africa.